Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2021/12/15 12:53:31 UTC

[slack-digest] [2021-12-14] #general

2021-12-14 17:02:58 UTC - Ben Carver: When deploying OpenWhisk on GKE, the <https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-deploy-kube/blob/master/docs/k8s-google.md#configuring-openwhisk|documentation> recommends we use an nginx ingress. Is it a requirement that we register and specify a _domain_ to OpenWhisk? Is there an easier way to deploy OW on GKE, particularly if it is just for development/testing?

If I just deploy OW by itself on GKE with no additional configuration, I am not able to use the CLI or issue HTTP requests (presumably because the components are inside the k8s cluster with no way to route external traffic). I tried exposing the OW nginx service with NodePort, but I wasn't able to get those working... (I just exposed the service using NodePort with target port 443 and then set the wsk apiHost property to the external IP address of one of my GKE nodes, but that didn't work.)
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1639501378190500?thread_ts=1639501378.190500&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----