Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by wp...@gmail.com, wp...@gmail.com on 2019/02/18 09:51:56 UTC

Food nutrition database

Good day.

we want to use ofbiz for a food related business.
For tyhat we need to setup a database of ingredients and their nutritional properties.
Is this best done hrough the 'Attributes' in the item master or is there a better way?
Underneath an example of the data model for an apple.

Component	              Value	Unit	Source
Proximales
alcohol (ethanol)	      0	        g	310
fat, total (total lipid)	trace	g	258
protein, total	                0.3	        g	258
water (moisture)    	85.7   	g	258
Hidratos de Carbono
carbohydrate        	12	      g	258
sucrose                   	2.4	      g	341
fibre, total dietary    	2	      g	258

Thanks, Wolfgang

Re: Food nutrition database

Posted by Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing me to this solution. That works really great!

Quesiton I still have; what is the best usage of the tab 'Attributes'?

Wolfgang

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductFeatures?productId=WG-9943

Re: Food nutrition database

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.
You’ll want to use Features which already has units support built in.

Add a broad feature Type for Nutrition
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditFeatureTypes <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditFeatureTypes>

And define the specific Nutrition things as features which live in Feature Categories:
 https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditFeatureCategories <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditFeatureCategories>

Then you can manage specific features in the per-product features:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductFeatures?productId=WG-9943 <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductFeatures?productId=WG-9943>

--P