Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/04 00:47:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Jackson to 2.11.x on 3.4.x

I'm not sure there was any special discussion about it but there was a time
where I had thought we would keep to jackson 2.9.x on our 3.4.x line, but
the CVEs keep rolling in and the 2.9.x line of jackson only "may" receive
more releases. I couldn't find anything breaking in going to 2.11.x on
3.4.x so decided to backport the change from master.

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/1324

Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything about why we decided to stay
on 2.9.x for 3.4.x as at this point I see no reason not to make this
upgrade. Thanks!