Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/10 04:27:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Spark 3.3.0 (RC6)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as
Apache Spark version 3.3.0.

The vote is open until 11:59pm Pacific time June 14th and passes if a
majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v3.3.0-rc6 (commit
f74867bddfbcdd4d08076db36851e88b15e66556):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.3.0-rc6

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.3.0-rc6-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1407

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.3.0-rc6-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 3.3.0 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12350369

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.3.0-rc6.

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.3.0?
The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.3.0 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target
Version/s" = 3.3.0

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================
In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Maxim Gekk

Software Engineer

Databricks, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.3.0 (RC6)

Posted by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,

Here are the results of voting for RC6.

+1:

Wenchen Fan (*)
Herman van Hovell (*)
Gengliang Wang
Sean Owen (*)
Tom Graves (*)
Mridul Muralidharan (*)
Chris Nauroth
Dongjoon Hyun (*)
Yuming Wang
Holden Karau (*)
L. C. Hsieh (*)
Cheng Su
Chao Sun
Martin Grigorov
Peter Toth
Max Gekk

8 (binding) + 8 (non-binding) voted for Spark 3.3.0 RC6. The vote passed
*successfully*.

Maxim Gekk

Software Engineer

Databricks, Inc.

Posted by Peter Toth <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.
+1 still looks good, same as last results.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 11:27 PM Maxim Gekk

Re: 回复: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.3.0 (RC6)

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checked signature and checksum. Confirmed SPARK-39412
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-39412> is resolved. Built
source tgz with JDK 11.

Thanks Max for driving the efforts of this huge release!

Posted by huaxin gao <hu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1, non-binding

Posted by Xiao Li <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

From: L. C. Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, June 13, 2022 at 5:13 PM
To: dev <de...@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.3.0 (RC6)

Posted by Ruifeng Zheng <ru...@foxmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

From: L. C. Hsieh <viirya@gmail.com&gt;
 Date: Monday, June 13, 2022 at 5:13 PM
 To: dev <dev@spark.apache.org&gt;

+1

 On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 5:07 PM Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca&gt; wrote:
 &gt;
 &gt; +1
 &gt;
 &gt; On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 4:51 PM Yuming Wang <wgyumg@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt; +1 (non-binding)
 &gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt; On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 7:41 AM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt; +1
 &gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks,
 &gt;&gt;&gt; Dongjoon.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt; On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 3:54 PM Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@apache.org&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; +1 (non-binding)
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I repeated all checks I described for RC5:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://lists.apache.org/thread/ksoxmozgz7q728mnxl6c2z7ncmo87vls
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Maxim, thank you for your dedication on these release candidates.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Chris Nauroth
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 3:21 PM Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; +1
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Signatures, digests, etc check out fine.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Checked out tag and build/tested with -Pyarn -Pmesos -Pkubernetes
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The test "SPARK-33084: Add jar support Ivy URI in SQL" in sql.SQLQuerySuite fails; but other than that, rest looks good.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Regards,
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Mridul
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 4:25 PM Tom Graves <tgraves_cs@yahoo.com.invalid&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; +1
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Tom
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:27:50 PM CDT, Maxim Gekk <maxim.gekk@databricks.com.invalid&gt; wrote:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.3.0.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The vote is open until 11:59pm Pacific time June 14th and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.3.0
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The tag to be voted on is v3.3.0-rc6 (commit f74867bddfbcdd4d08076db36851e88b15e66556):
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.3.0-rc6
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.3.0-rc6-bin/
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The staging repository for this release can be found at:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1407
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.3.0-rc6-docs/
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The list of bug fixes going into 3.3.0 can be found at the following URL:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12350369
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; This release is using the release script of the tag v3.3.0-rc6.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; FAQ
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =========================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; How can I help test this release?
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =========================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; reporting any regressions.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ===========================================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.3.0?
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ===========================================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.3.0 can be found at:
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK&nbsp; and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.3.0
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; appropriate release.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ==================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; But my bug isn't fixed?
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ==================
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; help target the issue.
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Maxim Gekk
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Software Engineer
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Databricks, Inc.
 &gt;
 &gt;
 &gt;
 &gt; --