Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Langley <ml...@casebank.com> on 2002/12/29 20:41:06 UTC

Patch for maven.bat

The attached maven.txt is a modified version of maven.bat that fixes several incompatibilities with Windows 98:

1. only the first 8 characters of jump labels are significant - the old version had conflicting jump labels
2. environment variables created with SET cannot contain embedded equals signs, even if quoted
3. the loop that processes command line arguments was wrong
4. a strange 2>&1 sequence in the directory existence tests was removed - Win98 doesn't know what to do with this (neither do I!), and they work fine without it.

Additionally, I included Aslak Hellesoy's fix for the XML parser issues on JDK1.4.1_01 (as described in JIRA MAVEN-166), and added notes to future maintainers on how not to break the script on Win98 again.

As I have *only* tested this on Win98 & JDK1.4.1_01, please test on the other MS platforms/JDK combinations before committing. I don't think any of my changes would break compatibility, except maybe for #4 above.

Mark Langley

PS: I would have posted this on JIRA instead of to the list, but I seemingly only have access to the "commons accessories" project for new report creation. Am I missing something subtle?