Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ray Van Dolson <rv...@esri.com> on 2008/06/30 23:23:24 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html rewriting query string portion of link

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 03:48:47PM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> I'm attempting to use mod_proxy_html to rewrite internal URL's to the
> corresponding external URL.  It seems to be working for the most part,
> but I am having trouble getting the query string portion of a URL to be
> processed.

Hi all; figured this one out.  The syntax I ended up using is as
follows (with previous immediately preceeding)

<snip>

>   ProxyHTMLURLMap http://st2.esri.com:8080/BAO30 http://external.esri.com [l]
>   ProxyHTMLURLMap ^(https://.*)http://st2.esri.com:8080/BAO30(.*)$ $1http://external.esri.com$2 [R,l]

  ProxyHTMLURLMap (.*)http://st2.esri.com:8080/BAO30(/?.*) $1http://external.esri.com$2 [R,x,l]
  ProxyHTMLURLMap (.*)http://st2.esri.com:8080/BAO30(/?.*) $1http://external.esri.com$2 [R,x,l]

Had to specify the rule twice because the URL I want to replace
sometimes occurs twice in the anchor href element.  I didn't see a
better way to do this.

Also, using the "x" (POSIX regexp style) flag was key to getting it to
match anything.  The docs don't say what is used by default.  Perhaps
it was perl and I should have been using /stuff/?  In any case, so far
so good.

Ray