Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Todd Langdon <to...@pinnsg.com> on 2009/05/06 21:12:40 UTC

Why must assemblies referenced in providers.config have Copy Local set to True for Reference in Visual Studio, even when they are GAC'd?

Hello,
This took me FOREVER to figure out!  IBatis.Net was complaining when it
tried to load the config that it could not load the assemblies (System.Data
for SQL Server) and I just happened to try changing the Copy Local on the
reference in Visual Studio to True.  System.Data is in the GAC - why does
there need to be a copy in the output folder for this to work?
Thanks,
Todd