Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sully <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/25 19:17:31 UTC

wildcard matcher broken?

greetings

I have just checked 2.1 out of cvs and built without any
local.b*.properties files using ./build.sh webapp

I am running ./cocoon.sh servlet for my quick testing. I'm trying to
generate a list of thumbnails from a directory of images, the directory
generator is working without any trouble, however it appears that there
is a problem with the matcher for the reader.

The samples appear to be working correctly.

I'm using the following pipeline at the beginning of all the pipelines
in the root sitemap.

<map:match pattern="test/th-*">
   <map:read type="imageresource" mime-type="image/jpg" src="{0}">
     <map:parameter name="width" value="50"/>
     <map:parameter name="height" value="20"/>
   </map:read>
</map:match>

the url I'm accessing is: http://localhost:8888/test/th-011.jpg

the error I'm receiving is:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Error during resolving of
the input stream: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
file:/home/sully/cvs/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/test/th-011.jpg doesn't exist.

making it a standard reader doesn't fix the problem.

if I modify the matcher to something like test/* (and access
/test/011.jpg) then it works perfectly.

I'm running Gentoo Linux with Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard
Edition (build 1.4.1_03-b02)

it's quite late, so possibly I just need some sleep :)

Regards
Sully

Solved Re: wildcard matcher broken?

Posted by Sully <st...@yahoo.com>.
it was lack of sleep, have solved it.

{1} works much better than {0} :)

thanks
Sully

Re: wildcard matcher broken?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
You don't say explicitly what the file is really named.  If it's 011.jpg,
then you
need to use src="{1}" which is the first sub expression.  {0} is the whole
matched  expression, as you see in the specifics of the file not
found.  The matcher is working exactly as designed.

Geoff Howard