Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naga Kishore Vankayala <vn...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/26 22:46:48 UTC

Install - Tomcat Server on Mac OS X 10.8.2

Hi All

I got a new mac book and am trying to install tomcat server on my mac book. I searched for    mac version of tomcat and could not find it. Appreciate if any one can point me to a site where i can download the server

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Naga

RE: Install - Tomcat Server on Mac OS X 10.8.2

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Naga Kishore Vankayala [mailto:vnagakishore@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Install - Tomcat Server on Mac OS X 10.8.2

> Do you have any information or document on how we start the
> server on Mac.

Read the RUNNING.txt file, then use the startup.sh script.

- Chuck

RE: Install - Tomcat Server on Mac OS X 10.8.2

Posted by Naga Kishore Vankayala <vn...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Daniel/Chuck. I have downloaded the tar.gz. Do you have any information or document on how we start the server on Mac.

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@vmware.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Naga Kishore Vankayala [mailto:vnagakishore@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Install - Tomcat Server on Mac OS X 10.8.2

> I searched for mac version of tomcat and could not find it.

Tomcat is pure Java, so it's platform agnostic.  The Windows versions are there to facilitate its installation as a service, using a Windows-specific service wrapper; no such considerations exist for other platforms.

> Appreciate if any one can point me to a site where i can download
> the server

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

Pick the .zip of .tar.gz version and have at it.

 - Chuck