Posted to user@struts.apache.org by edgar <ed...@blue-moose.net> on 2002/09/23 22:08:15 UTC

HTML title attribute

Is there any reason this attribute is not supported in the html:text
tag?

It is in the HTML 4.01 spec and is supported at least by IE5.  Should I
just create my own tag or is there general interest in extending the
tag?

Thanks

Edgar Dollin

Re: HTML title attribute

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Look at what's there.  At the very least, you could extend the current
tag and add your attribute.  Familiarize yourself with the structure - I
think there's probably a better place for it than just in a descendant
of <html:text/>.  This is an attribute for (nearly) all elements in HTML
4.01 isn't it?  There's a BaseTag class (that's close - maybe not an
exact name) you could use.  By putting the property in there you'd have
access to that attribute everywhere.

--
Eddie Bush