Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Sandeep Chandur Ravi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 16:52:48 UTC

Porting mod_put to Apache 2.x

Hello,

I am new to Apache module development. To become familiar with modules, I
started to port Lyonel Vincent's mod_put Apache 1.3 module to Apache 2.2.3.
This module introduces three new directives: EnablePut, EnableDelete and
umask.

While debugging the modified Apache, I was not able to display the request
record's per_dir_config member even though the directives are present in the
<Directory/> section of httpd.conf. Consequently, in my configuration
record, even when the directives are set to On (they are of boolean type),
the module ignores them and returns HTTP_FORBIDDEN. I am using
ap_get_module_config to read the configured value as follows:

put_config_rec *cfg = (put_config_rec *)
ap_get_module_config(r->per_dir_config, &put_module);

The put_module's module_index shows that it is set to 16, but I am not able
to print this offset in the per_dir_config vector. In GDB, when I try to
print r->per_dir_config, it shows an "incomplete type" message. What could
be the reason?

Thanks,
Sandeep
--