Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jason <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/21 20:14:34 UTC

Problem with lf and Rolling File Appender

Hello,

I'm using a RollingFileAppender.  The relevent portion
of my property file is below:

# TESTAPP is set to be a RollingFileAppender.
log4j.appender.TESTAPP=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.TESTAPP.File=c:\\logs\\admra.log
log4j.appender.TESTAPP.Append=true
log4j.appender.TESTAPP.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.TESTAPP.layout.ConversionPattern=%c{2}
%-5p [%t] %m%n

I've run into one small problem.  Some of the messages
I'm logging contain embedded LF's (without
corresponding CR's).  On windows these aren't being
interpreted as line breaks in admra.log but rather I
end up with one long line (with small squares replaces
the LF's (dec 10).  Is there some setting I can change
to have these LF's interpreted as LF/CR on windows?
Thanks in advance!

-jason

Re: Problem with lf and Rolling File Appender

Posted by Steve Ebersole <st...@austin.rr.com>.
Are those messages coming from a Unix box?

About the only thing to do would be to open it with a text editor that
recognizes such line endings.  I use one called Programmer's File Editor.
Its freeware and good, basic editor.  It recognizes Unix and Windows line
feeds.