Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Damon Buckwalter <da...@meta-x.net> on 2000/06/07 00:06:04 UTC

Strange Segfault with Apache::PerlRun

When using Apache::PerlRun to try and run some CGI-ish scripts I noticed a
strange phenomenon.  If the shebang line in the script contains '-T', that
Apache child will segfault on requests to the script.  Combinations of '-w',
nothing in the shebang line and no shebang line at all work as expected.

Tracing httpd in gdb, it tells me that the segfault is occuring inside
fgets() in libc.  Perhaps a simple argument parsing problem?

This is on Apache 1.3.12 / mod_perl 1.24

--
OpenPGP public key:   http://www.meta-x.net/damon/pubkey.asc

Re: Strange Segfault with Apache::PerlRun

Posted by Damon Buckwalter <da...@meta-x.net>.
I forgot to mention also that mod_perl is statically compiled into Apache,
and using Perl 5.6.0

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Damon Buckwalter wrote:

> When using Apache::PerlRun to try and run some CGI-ish scripts I noticed a
> strange phenomenon.  If the shebang line in the script contains '-T', that
> Apache child will segfault on requests to the script.  Combinations of '-w',
> nothing in the shebang line and no shebang line at all work as expected.
>
> Tracing httpd in gdb, it tells me that the segfault is occuring inside
> fgets() in libc.  Perhaps a simple argument parsing problem?

i can't reproduce that.  can you post the complete gdb stacktrace?  what
version of Perl?