Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jeff Widman <je...@jeffwidman.com> on 2018/01/22 23:47:18 UTC

Any technical reasons that the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Is there any technical reasons the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Looking through existing issues, I don't see anything critical that makes
3.5.x less stable than the 3.4.x series...

If the answer is "no tech reason, just the social reason that no maintainer
has had time to push through a full stable release", then I understand that
perfectly...

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)

Re: Any technical reasons that the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Jeff Widman <je...@jeffwidman.com> wrote:

> Is there any technical reasons the 3.5.x series is still in beta?
>
> Looking through existing issues, I don't see anything critical that makes
> 3.5.x less stable than the 3.4.x series...
>
> If the answer is "no tech reason, just the social reason that no maintainer
> has had time to push through a full stable release", then I understand that
> perfectly...

Mostly. However there is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2901 which is a very
serious regression and currently blocking 3.5.4.

Patrick