Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Tang, Lianhong" <li...@vanderbilt.edu> on 2003/09/02 16:43:34 UTC

Re: install XML-Xerces problem: make: *** [Xerces.o] Error 1

thanks Jason very much for your reply.
when you talked about version 2.3, were you talking about
XML-Xerces 2.3 or Xerces C++ 2.3?
The reason I used version 1.7 because the XML-Xerces installation
instruction told me I have to have the same version of XML-Xerces
and Xerces C++ parser. XML-Xerces-1.7 is the only version I could
find.

L. Tang

PS. I am sorry about sending email bothering Michael Schwern.

--On Saturday, August 30, 2003 9:41 AM +0530 "Jason E. Stewart"

Posted by "Tang, Lianhong" <li...@vanderbilt.edu>.
Jason,

Now XML-Xerces on my machine is working fine. But I got a problem
that you have encountered before,
"http://archive.develooper.com/perl5-porters@perl.org/msg81031.html"

The problem is, if I go to the directory of "t" to do the test
manually, like "perl XMLURL.t", it works fine. But if I do the
"make test", I got all the error message,

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/Handler'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/Handler'
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/actualCast..............Can't load
'/home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so'
for module XML::Xerces:
/home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_316XMLPlatformUtils10isAnySlashEt
at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
229.
 at /home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/blib/lib/XML/Xerces.pm line 7
Compilation failed in require at t/actualCast.t line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/actualCast.t line 11.
Undefined subroutine &XML::Xerces::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate
called at /home/tang/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/blib/lib/XML/Xerces.pm line
24.
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
FAILED--35 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

Is there a bug or I did something wrong?

Thanks again for your help!

L.Tang

--On Wednesday, September 03, 2003 9:00 AM +0530 "Jason E. Stewart"

Posted by "Tang, Lianhong" <li...@vanderbilt.edu>.
it worked! thanks Jason!

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Tang, Lianhong" <li...@vanderbilt.edu> writes:

> thanks Jason very much for your reply.
> when you talked about version 2.3, were you talking about XML-Xerces
> 2.3 or Xerces C++ 2.3?

both.