Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 09:39:38 UTC

Issue to build Apache Karaf

Hi,

Since last friday, I try to build Apache Karaf without success. It seems to
have an issue with the last snapshot of Pax :

On the Snapshot web site of Pax, only jar of 18/06 is available. I have try
to install manually the jar but the problem persist

Downloading:
http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/logging/pax-logging-service/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/pax-logging-service-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/logging/pax-logging-service/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/pax-logging-service-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.ops4j.pax.logging:pax-logging-service:jar:1.3.1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.ops4j.pax.logging
-DartifactId=pax-logging-service -Dversion=1.3.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/
to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.ops4j.pax.logging
-DartifactId=pax-logging-service -Dversion=1.3.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to
/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.felix.karaf.gshell:org.apache.felix.karaf.gshell.log:bundle:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.ops4j.pax.logging:pax-logging-service:jar:1.3.1-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

org.apache.felix.karaf.gshell:org.apache.felix.karaf.gshell.log:bundle:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  ops4j-snapshots (http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots),
  spring-milestone (
http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone),
  ops4j (http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2),
  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
  apache-snapshots (
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group),
  servicemix (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Issue to build Apache Karaf

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

 I've been able to build Karaf throughout the weekend, no problems
obtaining the pax logging service jar. I don't have any additional
repos in my maven settings.xml file, so its possible I'm being
redirected to some mirror along the way (I'm in Canada).

 I could find versions of the 1.3.1 jar here after some googling around:
http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/logging/pax-logging-service/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/?C=M;O=A

Cheers,
Jamie