Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2002/06/10 23:49:19 UTC

[betwixt] web site updates

i'm a little unclear about the current right way to update the web site. i
thought i'd be best for me to ask now rather than muck it up later...

i don't think that the betwixt web site documentation is in CVS so i guess
that the old way (CVS update) isn't right.

is the right way now to use the maven:deploy-site target?

or will the site be automagically updated (i know that there were
discussions about doing this a while ago)?

- robert

Re: [betwixt] web site updates

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "robert burrell donkin" <ro...@mac.com>
> On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 07:32 AM, James Strachan wrote:
> > Yes. For Maven-enabled projects just running maven:deploy-site does
> > everything for you.
>
> i think that there might be some permission problems. the jakarta group
> doesn't have permission to write to the betwixt subdirectory and i think
> that this is preventing my maven upload working. (i think that maybe you
> also need to look at the umask for your account since the commons
> directory seems to have a lot of files that can now be written by
yourself.
> )

Sorry about that robert. Permissions should be OK now - and I've set my
umask properly now ;-)

James

Re: [betwixt] web site updates

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.

Re: [betwixt] web site updates

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "robert burrell donkin" <ro...@mac.com>
> i'm a little unclear about the current right way to update the web site. i
> thought i'd be best for me to ask now rather than muck it up later...
>
> i don't think that the betwixt web site documentation is in CVS so i guess
> that the old way (CVS update) isn't right.
>
> is the right way now to use the maven:deploy-site target?

Yes. For Maven-enabled projects just running maven:deploy-site does
everything for you.

> or will the site be automagically updated (i know that there were
> discussions about doing this a while ago)?

A great next step would be to run maven:deploy-site ever night to
automagically keep the website up to date.

James