Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Vladimir Vivien <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/16 05:16:31 UTC

Native Go Framework API for Apache Mesos

Announcing Gomes - https://github.com/vladimirvivien/gomes
This is a *very* *very* early stage 100% native Go Apache Mesos Framework
API.  It uses the HTTP wire protocol that mesos components use to
communicate.

Currently, Gomes can
- Register with a running master
- Receive FrameworkRegisteredMessage
- Receive ResourceOffersMessage

The bulk of the code provides an idiomatic Go wrapper and API that makes it
super easy to launch frameworks from Go.  Take a look at the early api in
action at
https://github.com/vladimirvivien/gomes/blob/master/gomestest/gomestest.go

What's Needed?
- Gomes still needs tons of work.
- There lots of pieces missing (master detection, failure detection, tests,
etc)
- The goal is to get it on par to its C++ counterpart libprocess.

This work is based on several things including:
- Changes made in 0.19
- Patches https://reviews.apache.org/r/20276 and
https://reviews.apache.org/r/2027 <https://reviews.apache.org/r/20277>*7*
- Ben Hindman Presentation at ApacheCon 2014 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTcZGODnyf0&list=FLrFKzp-3UzcAXfZy6DbkbHg
- Ben Hindman extensive explanation of wire protocol -
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@mesos.apache.org/msg11338.html

Re: Native Go Framework API for Apache Mesos

Posted by Vladimir Vivien <vl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @benh!
It's moving pretty fast on github with couple of forks and pull requests.
Looking forward to make it a great API.

--
Vladimir Vivien

Re: Native Go Framework API for Apache Mesos

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.