Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/11/21 07:03:12 UTC

[Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityNews" by WillGlassHusain

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by WillGlassHusain:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityNews

The comment on the change is:
"recent" news

+ === Velocity Approved as Top Level Project ===
+
+     The Board of the Apache Software Foundation has passed a resolution to upgrade
+     Jakarta Velocity into an Apache Top Level Project (TLP), to be renamed Apache Velocity.
+     We are excited of the new prominence of the Velocity project.
+
+
+     Please stay tuned for our new website at
+     http://velocity.apache.org/.  In the meantime,
+     note that our new mailing lists are
+     user@velocity.apache.org (subscribe at
+     user-subscribe@velocity.apache.org)
+     for general questions, and
+     dev@velocity.apache.org
+     (subscribe at
+     dev-subscribe@velocity.apache.org) for
+     development-related activity.
+
+     (''2006-10-26'')
+
+
+ === Velocity 1.5 Beta 1 Released ===
+
+     The Velocity developers are proud to announce the first beta version of
+     Velocity 1.5.
+     You may download it from
+     http://people.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity/v1.5beta1/ .
+
+     This is an early release intended as a preview of things to
+     come.  Many bugs have been fixed and new features have been added.  A sampling:
+
+     * floating point number arithmetic
+     * new event handlers for altering #include/#parse behavior
+     * literal map syntax
+
+     A complete list of changes is available at our
+     [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel JIRA].
+     Please report any additional bugs there, especially those that need to be fixed before our
+     final release.  (use 1.5 beta 1 as the version).
+
+     (''2006-09-13'')
+
  === New Issue Tracker ===