Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2013/11/18 05:01:49 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Hama 0.7.0

> I would like to suggest that we solve the messaging scalability issue. WDYT?

The Spilling Queue seems works fine on my cluster. So, if we finish
the below tasks, I think, Hama will be very "Competitive" in terms of
the performance and scalability of the both (pure) BSP and Graph
computing engine.

HAMA-734 Hama Message Manager should be able to delegate the ownership
of internal message queue on request for future superstep.
HAMA-723 Implement sorting in Spilling queue.
HAMA-816 Add the getMsgIterators method for efficient message looping.
HAMA-783 Efficient InMemory Storage for Vertices.

If no objection, i would like to arrange the JIRA tasks for 0.7.0,
based on this. WDYT?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon