Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jim Mack <ji...@cox.net> on 2003/01/26 05:38:35 UTC

How to verify a Configurator is configured

Hello,
	I am developing some components and I want them to use a Configurator
defined outside the component or BasicConfigurator if one is not defined. If
a Configurator is not defined, several messages are written to standard out
i.e. "log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly." This message
seems to suggest that some object knows the system is not correctly setup,
but I could not find any methods to get that state. Did I miss something?
How can I verify that a Configurator has been configured?

Thanks,
Jim