Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM> on 2004/07/02 22:15:14 UTC

Search Result

My search results are only displaying the top portion of the indexed
documents. It does match the query in the later part of the document.
Where should I look to change the code in demo3 of default 1.3 final
distribution. In general if I want to show the block of document that
matches with the query string which classes should I use?

Thanks guys.
-H

Re: Search Result

Posted by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Daniel, Erik,

I tried changing SUMMARY_LENGTH to 2000000 in the HTMLParser.java file recompiled and made a new jar file and redeployed the app. I still get the default length of 200 from I do not know where. Is there any place specific that I have to change this value along with the
public static int SUMMARY_LENGTH = 2000000;

I know I am very close to getting what I am looking for. Thanks to you guys.
-H

On Saturday 03 July 2004 00:38, Hetan Shah wrote:

>> The summary field seems to contain only the first few lines of the
>> document. How can I make it to contain the piece that matches the query
>> string?

It's SUMMARY_LENGTH in HTMLParser.java.

Regards
 Daniel

Re: Search Result

Posted by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM>.
Erik,

Is it not true that without using Highlighter I should be able to search
for the relevant keyword in the document and be able to show it in the
resulting summary ? Or am I missing something. I am already using the
highlighting part. If I am missing something would you please be so kind
to walk me though the piece that I am missing to implement in capturing
the correct information from the result and display in the summary section.

Thanks.
-H

Search Result + Highlighter

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hi Guys

  Some week 's back had  reported a problem regarding  "Search on Indexed
file"  using Highlighter

  The Highlighter used to Dipslay   "[Pad]" or  "[0]" between  words  ( The
Field type is "Field.Text" type, stores the HTML summary )

  [ I am using  a CustomAnalyzer which is similar to  Standard Analyzer with
555 ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS]

  If any body has sombody looked into this matter for patch , please
specfy..

with rehards
Karthik

Re: Search Result

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Search Result

Posted by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM>.

Re: Search Result

Posted by John Moylan <jo...@rte.ie>.
The highlighter class.

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 23:38, Hetan Shah wrote:
> What I am trying to figure out is. In my search result which is returned
> by the
>
> Document doc = hits.doc(i);
> <text to show> = doc.get("summary");
>
> The summary field seems to contain only the first few lines of the
> document. How can I make it to contain the piece that matches the query
> string?
>
> Thanks.
> -H
>
> Hetan Shah wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Do you know, in the demo code, how do I override or change this value
> > so that I get to see the appropriate chuck of document? Would this
> > change make the actual result to show the relevant section of the
> > document?
> >
> > Sorry to sound so ignorant, I am very new at the whole search
> > technology, getting to learn a lot from a great supportive community.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -H
> > David Spencer wrote:

> >> Sounds like this:
> >>
> >> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#DEFAULT_MAX_FIELD_LENGTH

John Moylan
----------------------
ePublishing
Radio Telefis Eireann,
Montrose House,
Donnybrook,
Dublin 4,
Eire
t:+353 1 2083564
e:john.moylan@rte.ie

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RT� may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.

Re: Search Result

Posted by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM>.

Re: Search Result

Posted by Hetan Shah <He...@Sun.COM>.