Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 22:56:20 UTC

Features for 0.9 Release

Hi All,

We are at the edge of releasing 0.8 and its time to plan features for 0.9.
As you may already know we are trying to adapt 6 week release cycle. Lets
use this mail thread to discuss features that you would like to incorporate
into Airavata 0.9.

So please come up with realistic feature list for 0.9.

>From my side I have following features to add;

1. Upgrade JGlobus version to 2.0.6
2. Complete Airavata Credential Store (This was blocked in 0.8 due to
JGlobus version)
3. Recovery mechanisms at GFac level
          a. Two phase commit
          b. Resuming Job monitoring after Airavata restarts
4. Job cancellation at GFac API level
5. HTTPS support

Please add features you would like to add to 0.9.

Thank you
Regards
Amila

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
 1. New Workflow Interpreter - Milestone for this week is to have review
and discussion of the proposed architecture.
sorry for not updating this earlier. The new workflow interpreter
implementation will be much delayed than I thought. So it would not go for
0.9.

2. Develop a REST API for the Execution functionality of Airavata
I will be completing this, this week.

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
How is 0.9 coming?  Are we close to a release candidate?

Marlon

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Any follow up discussion to this, or are we set for August 20th with
the features below?

Marlon

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
+ 1 for this list. Also, I would like to add Unicore BES provider contributions from Shahbaz to 0.9 release.

GSoC students should also bring in as much as possible into trunk for this release, but we need not focus on them as the release features. We can go with the same approach we have been taking, new features gets added to trunk and make sure they do not break any thing. As they linger around through one cycle, the subsequent release we put them on focus and test through, harden and account them as the airavata features and support from there on.

Amila, since you started the list, will you also volunteer to be the RM for this release? If we go with the 6 week release cycle as we agreed before, we will be shooting August 20th.

Re: Features for 0.9 Release

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.