Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Morad Larhriq <mo...@googlemail.com> on 2013/11/29 01:31:40 UTC

Sentiment analyse:Word Classify

Hello,
I am new with Stanbol ,i want to write a function to analyse the sentiment
of a sentence.some one have an idea how i can begin.
PS: i installed Stanbol with netbeans.
thanks.

Re: Sentiment analyse:Word Classify

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Morad,

There are two engines that can be used for Sentiment Analyses:

* Sentiment WordClassifier Engine: This engine checks Tokens in the
Text against a Vocabulary that defines sentiments. So after this
Engine you will have sentiments assigned for single words.
* Sentiment Summarization Engine: This engine consumes word level
sentiments as well as POS tags and summarizes them for Phrases,
Sentences and the whole document. For summarization it does not use a
dependency tree. However it uses POS tags to detect the Noun (or
Pronoun) a adjective (with a sentiment) is assigned to. It also
considers POS tags that indicate a negation.

Note that for the Sentiment WordClassifier Engine you will also
require the vocabularies with the sentiment values of Words. They are
provided by the data/sentiment bundles [1]. Just check out the source,
build them locally and install the bundle to your Stanbol launcher.
Alternatively you can also download the vocabularies your self and add
them to the /stanbol/datafiles directory of your Stanbol instance. For
more detailed instructions pleas see the README.md files of those
modules

A typical chain configuration for Sentiment Analyses includes

* langdetect
* opennlp-sentence
* opennlp-token
* opennlp-pos