Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2010/05/10 14:01:04 UTC

Concurrent DynamicPolicy

Well,

I've just done some significant refactoring and have plugged in the SPI
implementation for ConcurrentDynamicPolicyProvider as a concurrent
replacement for DynamicPolicyProvider after some initial bug fixes
during testing, it appears to now be executing properly.

No performance tests yet I'm afraid.

Actually the implementation is broken down into two parts, one a
ConcurrentPolicyFile implementation, that replaces Java's inbuilt
PolicyFile for use as a base policy for
net.jini.security.policy.PolicyFileProvider.

The second the ConcurrentDynamicPolicyProvider that utilises
net.jini.security.policy.PolicyFileProvider as it's base policy.

Combining these three Policy Providers, creates a very concurrent
implementation.

However there is a new feature that's been included as well, that allows
us to dynamically revoke permissions as well.  I'll explain it's
implementation in another installment.

For now I need some volunteers, to run the new implementation through
it's paces.  Gregg, are you able to test if this solves your original
problem?

N.B. I haven't committed the changes just yet, will do so tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Peter.