Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Carson <Ch...@syrrx.com> on 2002/10/04 16:12:27 UTC

Where is javax.sql

Where is the package at under tomcat 4.1.2?

I moved my tomcat apps from Linux to Solaris but none of my oracle
connections will work.

Thanks,
Chuck

----------
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.

Re: Where is javax.sql

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
javax.sql is in the standard edition JDK as of version 1.4.  It wasn't in
JDK 1.3 SE.  You had to get it from the J2EE version of the JDK or from the
JDBC 2.0 or 3.0 standard extensions jar that was distributed by Sun.

Many vendors included it in their JDBC driver jars.

It contains mostly interfaces for pooled connections and data sources that
your JDBC driver has to implement if it wants to do some of those JDBC
version 2 or 3 type things.

Rick

Posted by Kunal Shah <ku...@users.sourceforge.net>.

> That's in Oracle's JDBC classes file (named
> classes12.jar for my
> installation), not in Tomcat.  Make sure you
> install this file for your
> Oracle connections to work (put it in your
> $TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory).  It
> can be downloaded from Oracle.
> Kenny

It is java.sql which gives you resultset and other
functional packages and interfaces
it is not javax.sql.

Re: Where is javax.sql