Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bernie Lee <be...@infopro.com.my> on 2001/08/29 05:18:00 UTC

Another successful story about Cocoon C2b2 (with Tomcat4 on W2KPr o)

hi all.

after a few days of messing around trying to get C2 working with tomcat
3.2.2 and 3.2.3 to no avail (i kept getting SAX and sitemap errors on all 3
machines i tried - 2 at work and 1 at home), i've finally managed to install
C2 successfully. i think the problem is with T3.

so... i decided to try T4. i downloaded the T4 executable(!), edited
web.xml, and built cocoon.war, and the C2 welcome page loaded and the
samples worked! so for any of u who are still having trouble setting up T3,
i suggest trying T4 instead for a hassle-free install. i've done it twice
already and it has worked both times.

my config is below:

- w2kpro
- tomcat 4b7
- c2 b2
- soap 2.2

(this is just my 2c for the w2k platform)

Posted by Raphaƫl Goulais <Ra...@fr.alcove.com>.
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Matt Jezorek wrote:

> I have went to tomcat 4 b7 and the cvs version of C2 but still getting this
> error any help?
>
> message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available. Please check
> /home/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/bin/./../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log
> for the exact error.

If you have an X server installed on your box, try launching tomcat from a
X session. This should *solve* the problem.

It seems the real matter is Batik using awt for svg content generation. I
had the same problem, and by searching the archives of this list (you
should have done the same), I found several solutions, some I haven't
tested yet.

The first one is using Xvfb, so cocoon use it for svg generation. Someone
on this list posted a piece of code to add to init script, I will
reproduce it here :

if [ "$1" = "stop" ] ; then
    # kill off any framebuffer running, kill kill kill :-)
    kill -TERM `/sbin/pidof Xvfb`
elif [ "$1"="start" -o "$1"="run" ] ; then
   # start up a virtual framebuffer for cocoon2's rendering
   Xvfb :1 -screen 0 320x240x24 &
fi

Do we need to add a "export DISPLAY=":1" ?

The second solution is to remove support for svg content generation from
your sitemap. I don't know if it is sufficient, I haven't tried yet ...
The comments on the list seemed to confirm this. This is probably the best
solution, if you don't need svg content generation ...

Raphael

Re: Another successful story about Cocoon C2b2 (with Tomcat4 on W2KPro)

Posted by Matt Jezorek <ma...@bluelinux.org>.
I have went to tomcat 4 b7 and the cvs version of C2 but still getting this
error any help?

message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available. Please check
/home/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/bin/./../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log
for the exact error.

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's
sitemap is not available. Please check
/home/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/bin/./../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log
for the exact error.

stacktrace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
available. Please check
/home/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/bin/./../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log
for the exact error.
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:210)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:102)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:538)
	at
FilterChain.java:247)
	at
ain.java:193)
	at
va:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
va:215)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2314)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
1000)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1093
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

> I am getting these same errors Tomcat 4 fixed these problems? from what i
> gather?
W2KPro)

Posted by Matt Jezorek <ma...@bluelinux.org>.