Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mevludin Blazevic <mb...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2022/08/10 11:12:58 UTC

Upload Volume from local: Remaining state "Uploaded"

Hi all,

after installing the certificates for Console Proxy and Secondary
Storage VM we are able to upload ISO, volumens and templates from local.
But after uploading volumes, they remain in the state "Uploaded" but for
attaching to a VM we need the Ready-state. We are using NFS as secondary
storage and Ceph/RBD as primary. Do you have an idea what's missing?

Best Regards

Mevludin

Re: Upload Volume from local: Remaining state "Uploaded"

Posted by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mevludin,

The volume would be uploaded to secondary storage, and its state is
changed to 'Uploaded' once upload is done. When attaching the uploaded
volume, it is copied to the primary storage and its state is changed
to 'Ready'.

Volumes with the following states: Allocated (newly created), Ready
(created in primary already - detached) and Uploaded (uploaded to
secondary), can be attached to a VM. Hope it is clear.

Regards,
Suresh