Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/02 04:07:02 UTC

Re: [XMLSchema] Adding an extension registry and custom serializers/deserializers

Hi Jeremy,
Sorry for the delay, Well really the reason behind putting up this
proposal is to ultimately use it in woden (and ofcourse I got the
inspiration from WSDL4J and Woden extension registries) :) So if we
can factor something out it would be great. However I believe that
Woden have the flexibility to have different XML schema models (say
may be a plain DOM model). To keep it that way may be we should allow
each model have its own way of handling extensions ?

Ajith

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [XMLSchema] Adding an extension registry and custom serializers/deserializers

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 02/03/07, Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
> Sorry for the delay, Well really the reason behind putting up this
> proposal is to ultimately use it in woden (and ofcourse I got the

great!

> inspiration from WSDL4J and Woden extension registries) :) So if we

Take a look at the Woden extension registration. It's moved on a bit
since WSDL4J. e.g. XMLElement is used to abstract away from DOMElement
and OMElement

> can factor something out it would be great. However I believe that
> Woden have the flexibility to have different XML schema models (say
> may be a plain DOM model). To keep it that way may be we should allow
> each model have its own way of handling extensions ?

I think we can develop a common extension mechanism which is
generalised across DOM and OM.

Jeremy