Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shan Kajendran <sh...@adsgroup.com> on 2003/09/05 11:57:47 UTC

Hi Genies

With the help of this forum I did manage to setup my working environment
for Batik project.  Specially Mr Thomas DeWeese helped me a lot. THANKS
FOR THAT !!!

Now I have started to compile and run some example codes which I found
in the Batik project web site.

First I tried to create a simple SVG using the sample code and it is
working fine.  Now I ma trying to load SVG files with the help of the
sample example which I found from the following link.

http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgcanvas.html

I compiled and executed the code without any problem, but when I try to
open any SVG file with an image in it, the application is throwing the
following error.

"The prefix "xlink" for attribute "xlink:href" is not bound"

when I open a simple SVG file with only text is working fine.

Any idea?

Shan Kajendran
Software Engineer

 <http://www.adsgroup.com/>
   <http://logo.adsgrp.com/logo.jpg>

Advanced Thinking...   Advanced Solutions...

ADS Group Ltd,
Crown House, North Circular Road,
London, NW10 7PN
United Kingdom

Tel No : +44 (0) 20 8961 6797
Fax No : +44 (0) 20 8961 0182

Website : www.adsgroup.com <http://www.adsgroup.com/>
E-Mail : shan@adsgroup.com

Re: Loading Images

Posted by Kevin Lindsey <ke...@kevlindev.com>.
MessageFrom: Shan Kajendran

> ...the application is throwing the following error.
>
>"The prefix "xlink" for attribute "xlink:href" is not bound"

Sounds like you are missing a namespace declaration.  Typically, people define this on the top-most svg element, like so:

    <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" ... >

Kevin
KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com