Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sophia Cheng <so...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/11 04:05:46 UTC

ERROR: User database not loaded

Hi,

console to run example application in JRun3.1, but I
got error message on index.jsp:
ERROR: User database not loaded -- check servlet
container logs for error messages.

Detail:
I am running the example application in JRun3.1.
I deploy the file "webapps/struts-example.war" into
JRun3.1 and the application deploy directory is
C:/Program Files/Allaire/JRun/servers/default/Struts
Example.  It works very well.

Now I try to create another web application from JRun
Management Console  -->JRun Default Server --> Web
Application --> Create an application.
In my web application information, the new application
is named Example2 and Application Root Dir is
C:/Program
Files/Allaire/JRun/servers/default/Example2.
Then I copied Struts Example from C:/Program
Files/Allaire/JRun/servers/default/Struts Example and
renamed it to be Example2 in
C:/Program
Files/Allaire/JRun/servers/default/Example2.

However, it shows error message on the top of
index.jsp:
ERROR: User database not loaded -- check servlet
container logs for error messages.

Also, when I tried to link to other page also.  It
shows:
500 Internal Server Error
/ex2/editRegistration.do:

Parsing error processing resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an
instance of declaring class
	at
org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:531)
	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java:329)

As I know, I only modify local.properties for
servlet.webapps, rootdir, class, and webapp.mapping.
Is there any other file that I should also modify?

Does anyone have any idea?

Sophia