Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/01/24 14:28:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache Dubbo community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.7.0.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache Dubbo™ (incubating) is a high-performance, java based, open source
RPC framework. Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include
interface based remote call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and
automatic service registration & discovery.

Dubbo community vote and result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/60b3ef868d8acd127c18584968d98dd6191c41dd3a426f98703f68f6@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

The release candidates (RC2):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.7.0

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedubbo-1005

Git tag for the release (RC2):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.7.0

Hash for the release tag:
614bcebc01336ee5047a98f96b28915680c0399c

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/2.7.0-release/CHANGES.md

The artifacts have been signed with Key :
AF1B3C2AC648B9E8C9AC6F26CD69F886A620E8EC, which can be
found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That probably doesn't need to be added.

Dependancues do not need to be listed in LICENCE or NOTICE. Only 3rd party
software bundled in the release needs to be mentioned.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product>

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

72 hours has passed, the vote has passed with 3 +1 binding votes and
no -1 binding vote.

+1 binding:
* Justin Mclean
* Gosling Von
* Willem Jiang

I will proceed to publish the artifacts.

Thanks for everyone who voted!

--
Best Regards!

Huxing

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Checked the github tag with the source code.
Checked the signed key and can build from the source.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
+1 binding from me

I checked.
1. asc and sha512 existed and checked.
2. compile from source successfully
3. rat passed
4. license, notice and disclaimer exist in source and dist tar

Good luck, Dubbo team.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

From:  "huxing@apache.org"<hu...@apache.org>;
Date:  Tue, Jan 29, 2019 10:03 AM
To:  "Incubator General"<ge...@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]

Hi community,

Dubbo 2.7.0 RC2 is still waiting for 1 more binding vote to get it passed.
Would you please help to review and vote for the candidate?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 4:27 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > According to Netty's notice file[1], I've update copyright to 2014.
>
> Please revert back, while a minor change, in general you should never ever change 3rd party header files without their permission.

I checked the source files, they[1][2][3][4] actually have copyright
2012. So I guess we have nothing to do here.
I will revert the changes.

[1] https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/common/src/main/java/io/netty/util/HashedWheelTimer.java
[2] https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/common/src/main/java/io/netty/util/Timeout.java
[3] https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/common/src/main/java/io/netty/util/Timer.java
[4] https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/common/src/main/java/io/netty/util/TimerTask.java

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 9:45 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> +1 binding but there a few minor issues that need looking into
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in release name
> - signatures and hashes good
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE may have a couple of minor issue (see below)
> - NOTICE good
> - No unexpected binary in release
> - A few minor header issues
> - Can compile from source
>
> These files [1][2][3][4] have "Copyright 2012 The Netty Project” rather than 2014 as mentioned in the NOTICE file.

According to Netty's notice file[1], I've update copyright to 2014.

> These files [5][6][7][8][9][10] have "Copyright 1999-2011 Alibaba Group” which I assume is not correct as they were part of the donation? I think this has been brought up previously.

This issue has been fixed in 2.6.x, after 2.7.x branch is forked, but
the changes are not updated in the 2.7.x branch. I have changed it
into Apache License v2.

> It looks like that the header for “ExecutionList” has been replaced with an incorrect one? It's mentioned in LICENSE. It also seem that the code from ListenableFuture is no longer in the release but still mentioned in LICENSE? Please fix this in the next release. If changes are made to any 3rd part software in the release be sure to update LICENSE and NOTICE.

ExecutionList is no longer needed anymore, so I've removed it.
ExecutionList, ListenableFuture, ListenableFutureTask are all removed
from NOTICE.

I've summarized all the changes into one pull request here[2].

[1] https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/NOTICE.txt
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/3382

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. ./dubbo-common/src/main/java/org/apache/dubbo/common/timer/HashedWheelTimer.java
> 2. ./dubbo-common/src/main/java/org/apache/dubbo/common/timer/Timeout.java
> 3. ./dubbo-common/src/main/java/org/apache/dubbo/common/timer/Timer.java
> 4. ./dubbo-common/src/main/java/org/apache/dubbo/common/timer/TimerTask.java
> 5. ./dubbo-rpc/dubbo-rpc-rest/pom.xml
> 6. ./dubbo-common/src/test/resources/log4j.xml
> 7. ./dubbo-test/dubbo-test-compatibility/pom.xml
> 8. ./dubbo-remoting/dubbo-remoting-netty/pom.xml
> 9. ./dubbo-remoting/dubbo-remoting-zookeeper/pom.xml
> 10. ./dubbo-monitor/dubbo-monitor-api/pom.xml

Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC2]