Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Virgo Smart <vi...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/01/30 08:59:21 UTC

OJB code fix contribution.

Hello,

We have done a code fix affecting around 3 files to solve a object materialization related issue we had faced some time back.
The fix allows us to create instances of right classes within the class hierarchy during the materialization of objects (with "TPS" and "TPS using hierarchy" strategies configurations).

We wish to contribute the code fixes to the Apache OJB forum.
We have gone through the information on Individual Contributor License Agreement and Corporate CLA and understand the necessity to sign and submit these prior to any contribution activities.

Are there any other guidelines/pre-requisites that need to be understood/followed ?

Additionally, can an individual submit code on behalf of the actual contributor ?

Regards,
Gautam.

Re: OJB code fix contribution.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Virgo Smart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have done a code fix affecting around 3 files to solve a object
> materialization related issue we had faced some time back. The fix
> allows us to create instances of right classes within the class
> hierarchy during the materialization of objects (with "TPS" and "TPS
> using hierarchy" strategies configurations).
>
> We wish to contribute the code fixes to the Apache OJB forum. We have
> gone through the information on Individual Contributor License
> Agreement and Corporate CLA and understand the necessity to sign and
> submit these prior to any contribution activities.
>
> Are there any other guidelines/pre-requisites that need to be
> understood/followed ?

If you wish to contribute a patch, I don't know about any "special"
guidelines/pre-requisites. Best way is to create an issue in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB) and to attach the patched
files (or the diffs). Please make sure that the patch is compatible with
the source of the latest version from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch).

> Additionally, can an individual submit code on behalf of the actual
> contributor ?

Not sure whether I understand you correctly. It's not possible to check
in files (to SVN) on behalf of an committer (you need an committer account).

regards,
Armin