Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 20:29:20 UTC

Classpath Problem

Hi there.

I am new to Tomcat and have installed Tomcat6 and JDK1.5 on Windows.
I get Tomcat to run and can include my own JSP's.  However, whenever I
use classes like HashMap I get a compiler error (HashMap cannot be
resolved to a type).

I've dug all through the web, documentation and mail archives.

Does anyone have a url that will help or information for a newbie on
why classes in what would be in j2se are not available to compile?

Another piece of info:  my jvm in tomcat6w is set to:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Classpath Problem

Posted by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com>.
LOL

You danced around that one well.  Actually, I didn't include it
because I am migrating from WebLogic to Tomcat.  WebLogic let's me get
away without the includes for java.util.  I've been using Workshop for
so long I overlooked it.

That resolved it.  Thank you David.

I will migrate to another dev environment to avoid this in the future.

      Mark

Re: Classpath Problem

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.