Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Wells <da...@byu.edu> on 2003/08/01 19:37:26 UTC

Vlib problems - info for beta-2

Hi all,

I've read all the docs, got some simple apps working, and got the
Workbench working in Tomcat.  Now I'm trying to get my Vlib example app
working in JBoss.  I wiped my Jboss setup, downloaded v3.0.6, followed
the instructions in the Readme.html that came with Tapestry's 3.0-beta-2
distribution to set it up, but when the ant script is starting Jboss, I
get some XML parsing errors.  I attached a file with the relative log
file lines.

To fix the problem, I had to edit the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml and the
jboss.xml files for the vlibbeans.jar.  They did not have the closing
'?' symbol of the <?xml version=.... element on the first line.

Next I got an exception specifying a class in the bcel library was not
found.  I found out that the bcel library was not in the lib directory
of the tapestry server environment of JBoss.  So I copied it over, and
now all works just fine!

--
Dan Wells <da...@byu.edu>

RE: Vlib problems - info for beta-2

Posted by Dan Wells <da...@byu.edu>.
Oh, good.  Would you mind showing me where I can find your bugzilla
installation.  I checked the bugzill.org list, and ran a search in
Jakarta's bug database (i know it runs bugzilla), but I couldn't find
the issue.  Although I solved it for myself, I'd like to know if there
is another place to look for future issues.  Thanks, I appreciate your
help and patience.

Dan Wells

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.