Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Matheson <la...@ms.chinmin.edu.tw> on 2004/03/30 05:16:52 UTC

building APR on MinGW. On Win98

Has anyone built on MinGW? I want to use Subversion with
perl so I need the SWIG bindings and this requires building
Subversion's redistribution of the APR.

This fails for me on Win98 in configure, unable to
to make a decision on shared memory.

checking for mmap... no
checking for munmap... no
checking for shm_open... no
checking for shm_unlink... no
checking for shmget... no
checking for shmat... no
checking for shmdt... no
checking for shmctl... no
checking for create_area... no
checking for MAP_ANON in sys/mman.h... no
checking for /dev/zero... yes
/home/greg/subversion-1.0.0/apr/configure:Error: decision on anonymous shared
+memory allocation method failed
configure failed for apr

--
Greg Matheson, Taiwan

Re: building APR on MinGW. On Win98

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
If the platform resolves to win32 (building subset/win32/*.c) then we
just need to trick it - win 32 has its own hardcode cases.

Bill