Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/02 00:08:29 UTC

[FYI] `Target Version` on `Improvement`/`New Feature` JIRA issues

Hi, All.

From Today, we have `branch-3.0` as a tool of `Feature Freeze`.

    https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/branch-3.0

All open JIRA issues whose type is `Improvement` or `New Feature` and had
`3.0.0` as a `Target Version` are changed accordingly first.

    - Most of them are re-targeted to `3.1.0`.
    - Some of them are resolved according to the JIRA content.
    - Some unauthorized target versions are removed according to the
community policy.

To sum up, we have no open `Improvement/New Feature` JIRA issues targeting
`3.0.0` officially. For exceptional cases, we will discuss on them case by
case during `3.0.0 QA` phase.

Bests,
Dongjoon

Re: [FYI] `Target Version` on `Improvement`/`New Feature` JIRA issues

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for cleaning this up!

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.
Thanks! Dongjoon.