Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it> on 2016/04/06 09:29:27 UTC

Migrate system VMs from a cluster to another

Hi all,
I have to dispose of the servers in a cluster and migrate all the VM on
a new one but I have a problem with the system VMs.

The two cluster servers are different so I can not do a live migration.

I tried to stop and restart the console-proxy and, after a couple of
tries, it is gone in the new cluster.

The SecondaryStorageVm always starts in the same host. I tried to create
a new offering with host tag on a host of new cluster but I can not
assign it because when the VM is stopped is not possible to change
parameters and the VM starts automatically.

Regards, Ugo

--

   U g o   V a s i    <ug...@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003

AW: Migrate system VMs from a cluster to another

Posted by "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s....@proio.com>.
Hi Ugo,

put your hosts of the old cluster into maintenance mode and CS will start the System VMs on another cluster. There will be a short downtime.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

[...]

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.