Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/11 09:07:15 UTC

Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Hello there,

Is there any schedule to release maven-enforcer with Java 1.9
compatibility fixes?

Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Just for completeness -- 3.0.0-M1 works like a charm for me with the
newest Java 9. Thanks Robert.

Dawid

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:09:53 +0200, Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> It shouldn't be too hard to have all our plugins J9 ready before the GA
>> date.
>
> This is true, but it'd be great to release early, so that others (like
> me), who depend on Maven in their toolchain can also try to adjust
> before the GA. Currently this is a showstopper that prevents me from
> running CI jobs on Java 9 -- I was even keen on patching commons-lang
> (which is the source of most of the problems so far in general) and
> overriding it manually, but it's just so much pain to do in each and
> every project...

Sure I understand. b175 came with an unpleasant surprise. The
maven-javadoc-plugin is in the middle of a
migration to 3.0.0, meaning dropping Maven 2 support.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Oh, yes -- please, please...