Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Nishant Kumar <ni...@itellix.com> on 2004/07/15 12:21:56 UTC

validating DOM

hi,
	is there a way to validate a DOM document which is already parsed into
document. (ie not during documentBuilder.parse()).

say the scenario is that i get a soap packet, body of which is
encrypted. i parse this packet to get a document object and then decrypt
the body part. at this point i wish to validate the content of the body
against an xsd. how can i do the same?

thanks,
nishant

Re: validating DOM

Posted by Sebastian Redl <wa...@gmx.net>.
Nishant Kumar wrote:

>hi,
>	is there a way to validate a DOM document which is already parsed into
>document. (ie not during documentBuilder.parse()).
>
>say the scenario is that i get a soap packet, body of which is
>encrypted. i parse this packet to get a document object and then decrypt
>the body part. at this point i wish to validate the content of the body
>against an xsd. how can i do the same?

If all else fails, you can write the decrypted version to a temporary
file and re-parse that.
But I'm sure somone else has a better solution. DOM 3 contains
validation methods, if I remember correctly.

Sebastian Redl