Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "eric.brose" <is...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 18:25:15 UTC

Hadoop Streaming (with Python) and Queue's

Hey all,
We just added queue's to our capacity scheduler and now (we did not set a
default.. which it appears we might have to change)
if i try and run a simple streaming job i get the following error.
10/07/14 11:03:02 ERROR streaming.StreamJob: Error Launching job :
java.io.IOException: Queue "default" does not exist
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.submitJob(JobTracker.java:2998)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:959)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:955)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:953)

Streaming Job Failed!

been playing around with adding my queue name (with the generic -D option)
to the streaming command but have had no luck
e.g.
bin/hadoop jar contrib/streaming/hadoop-0.20.2-streaming.jar -file
/dev/mapper.py -mapper /dev/mapper.py -file /dev/reducer.py -reducer
/dev/reducer.py -input DEV/input/* -output DEV/output/ -D
mapred.queue.names="dev"

with this i get the following error

10/07/14 10:54:49 ERROR streaming.StreamJob: Unrecognized option: -D

i've tried something similar to one of the examples in the streaming
documentation

bin/hadoop jar contrib/streaming/hadoop-0.20.2-streaming.jar -file
/dev/mapper.py -mapper /dev/mapper.py -file /dev/reducer.py -reducer
/dev/reducer.py -input DEV/input/* -output DEV/output/ -D
mapred.reduce.tasks=2

and still get the error
ERROR streaming.StreamJob: Unrecognized option: -D

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!
-eric
ps using version 0.20.2 on RHEL servers

Re: Hadoop Streaming (with Python) and Queue's

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
If you're using capacity scheduler, see:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/capacity_scheduler.html#Setting+up+queues

The queues can be checked through job tracker web UI under Scheduling
Information section

Posted by Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
-D options (which is a generic option) should be moved before the command specific options.
The syntax is
Bin/hadoop jar streaming.jar <generic options> <command options>

Thanks
Amareshwari

Posted by Moritz Krog <mo...@googlemail.com>.