Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/09 11:01:29 UTC

What is the suppress-default-environment element in geronimo-config-1.1.xsd used for?

I searched through the dev list but couldn't find a description of its use.

Thanks,

John

Re: What is the suppress-default-environment element in geronimo-config-1.1.xsd used for?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
How could it possibly do that?  We're dealing with a standalone connector here, not something that is part of an app client plan.  The app client builder already tells the connector builder to suppress the default parent id when it is in charge of deploying a connector as part of an app client plan.  However, it is also useful to be able to target a standalone connector deployment to the app client, so many app clients can share the same connector configuration.

thanks
david  jencks

Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote: Now I'm confused.  Shouldn't the deployment code detect that the RA
is targeted for an app client and auto set the flag?

-dain

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.