Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Ziqi Zhang <zi...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/29 11:13:26 UTC

suggestions on extending any23 - get context of triples

Hi all

We have a special need in our work that we need to not only extract
triples from a page, but also knowining the contexts of the triples. By
context I mean the html elements containing the Subject or Object of the
triple, and the xpath to it. For example, on this page
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/, let's suppose a triple "_:nodexyz
<rdfs:type> http://schema.org/Movie" and "_:nodexyz
<schema.org/itemprop/actors> Al Pacino".

I would like to be able to know that "al pacino" is in an html element

Can you give some general suggestions on which classes I should
extend/starting point?

Many thanks!

--
Ziqi Zhang

Re: suggestions on extending any23 - get context of triples

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ziqi,

Have you checked out the XPath extractor suite[0] in the extractor
package? I've not used this but it looks bang on what you are after.

hth

Lewis

[0] http://any23.apache.org/apidocs/index.html?org/apache/any23/extractor/xpath/package-summary.html

--