Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Lon Varscsak <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/31 01:35:33 UTC

Cayenne Modeler

Hey guys...I think I'm using up all of my "question credits" quickly. :P

Is there a quick way to tell the modeler that an attribute is "meaningful"
so that I can get it into my ObjEntity without having to manually create it?

Thanks,

Lon

Re: Cayenne Modeler

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
On the ObjEntity screen pressing "Sync" button (the one with the two arrows
will create any missing ObjAttributes from DbAttributes.  But primary key /
foreign key fields have to be added to the ObjEntity manually.  You could
uncheck the pk box and then sync, then check it again, but that's probably
not worth it.

John

Re: Cayenne Modeler

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
We are really discouraging meaning PKs, Lon.  :-)

John's advice is as good as it gets, I think.

mrg