Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Fa...@nucorsteel.com on 2004/09/16 23:43:37 UTC

Chainsaw

Hi

not directly log4cxx related, but does anyone know how to download
Chainsaw2 and install it locally?  I am able to run it using jnlp link on
the web page. However, I do not want to depend on a remote site being
available. When I follow download/build instructions (ant install + build)
I end up with an old chainsaw version.

How do  I get either binaries or sources and run it locally?

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Chainsaw

Posted by Christophe de VIENNE <cd...@alphacent.com>.
FabijanicA@nucorsteel.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> not directly log4cxx related, but does anyone know how to download
> Chainsaw2 and install it locally?  I am able to run it using jnlp link
> on the web page. However, I do not want to depend on a remote site
> being available. When I follow download/build instructions (ant
> install + build) I end up with an old chainsaw version.
>
> How do  I get either binaries or sources and run it locally?

Using java webstart does not make you depend on the remote site. The
program is downloaded and runned locally.

Christophe

--
Christophe de Vienne
Alpha Centauri