Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bryan Tiang <br...@hotmail.com> on 2023/10/09 11:02:05 UTC

Questions about Provisioning and Networking.

Hi Cloudstack Community,

It’s our first time setting up Cloudstack. Currently, we have 6 Physical Servers connected to the same TOR Switch. Using KVM Ubuntu.

We noticed that VM instances that are not in the same compute node as the virtual router will not have network connectivity. Is there any configuration needed on the network switches? Or any possible root cause that we are not aware of?

Regards,
Bryan

Re: Questions about Provisioning and Networking.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When you created an advanced zone, you should input a vlan range for guest
networks. You need to configure switches for the vlan range. The ports
should be configured as trunk mode or hybrid mode.

Kind regards,
Wei