Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by 刘波 <10...@qq.com> on 2018/07/22 15:46:06 UTC

CayenneDataObject is likely not mapped

ServerRuntime cayenneRuntime = ServerRuntime.builder()
                .addConfig("cayenne-project.xml")
                .build();
        ObjectContext context = cayenneRuntime.newContext();

        DataObject person = new CayenneDataObject();
        person.setObjectId(new ObjectId("Person"));
        context.registerNewObject(person);

        String name = (String) person.readProperty("name");
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find ObjEntity for Persistent class: org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject, class is likely not mapped.
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.registerNewObject(DataContext.java:536)

Person is a table in mysql, we aren't map it in xml, we want use it in fly, we don't define a deEntity for the table, just want use cayenne api to do the ORM job.

and ideas, thanks~

Re: CayenneDataObject is likely not mapped

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
See my reply in "is is possible to dynamically create entity in cayenne" thread. An explicit reverse-engineering step is required.

Andrus