Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matthias Jung <ma...@xtradyne.com> on 2003/09/25 21:50:28 UTC

namespace prefixes in axis

Hi all,

I have got a question about namespace prefixes in axis.
Please have a look at the soap envelope at the end of this message.
I sniffed it between client and server communication.
The elements 'getAllOrdersResponse' and 'getAllOrdersReturn' are
prefixed although they are from the same namespace.
The next element 'Order' as a child element of 'getAllOrdersReturn' is
not prefixed.

This xml causes schema validation to fail because if
'elementFromDefault' whithin the validation schema is set to 'qualified'
it failes at the 'Order' element otherwise at 'getAllOrdersReturn'.

I have generated code using WSDL2Java,
so my question is what could be wrong settings or cause this problem
within the wsdl file, so that axis generates this xml.
Another question is how can I set up tomcat/axis to qualify all
elements? This would satisfy the schema validator.

Appreciated for hepl

	Matthias

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
   <ns1:getAllOrdersResponse
xmlns:ns1="urn:CityCycle">
    <ns1:getAllOrdersReturn xsi:type="ns1:OrderList">
     <Order xsi:type="ns1:Order">
      <orderId>bananas</orderId>
      <done>false</done>
      <km>36</km>
      <orderText>45 Mediterranean Avenue - 166 Kentucky Avenue</orderText>
      <assignedMessenger>Rees</assignedMessenger>
     </Order>
    </ns1:getAllOrdersReturn>
   </ns1:getAllOrdersResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>