Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Leonard Maher Jr <lm...@A2C.com> on 2010/06/15 20:17:50 UTC

SVN Diff Command

Hello,

I am trying to use the SVN diff command to compare a single file whose
filename contains spaces. Here is an example of the command I am using:

c:\SVN_ABT\build-tool>svn diff -r 236  --old
http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/aoih_03_00_00_004
"doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc" --new
http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/trunk
"doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc"

Here is the error I receive:

svn: URL
'http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/trunk/doc/InstallDocs/frontend

/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc' is malformed or the scheme or host or
path is

 Missing

Any suggestions?

Re: SVN Diff Command

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 16:17, Leonard Maher Jr <lm...@a2c.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to use the SVN diff command to compare a single file whose
> filename contains spaces. Here is an example of the command I am using:
>

> c:\SVN_ABT\build-tool>svn diff -r 236  --old
> http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/aoih_03_00_00_004
> "doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc" --new
> http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/trunk
> "doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc"
>

> Here is the error I receive:
>

> svn: URL
> 'http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/trunk/doc/InstallDocs/frontend
>
> /AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc' is malformed or the scheme or host or
> path is
>
>  Missing
>

> Any suggestions?

Enclose the WHOLE URL in quotes.

You have: http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/aoih_03_00_00_004
"doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc"

You should have:
"http://thcmp4ap1/test_ActionOI/ActionOI/aoih_03_00_00_004
doc/InstallDocs/frontend/AppInstall/How to build -EBI.doc"

Alternately, you could URL-encode the spaces, replacing them with %20.