Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/16 21:07:49 UTC

TRAFODION-1507

Hi,

I’m working on Jira Trafodion-1507 creating a new web site, which is now
ready for an early look and, if approved, a first submittal.

I’d like for you folks to take a look at the web site look-and-feel now
before I go about converting a LOT of wiki pages.

Where can I host the trial version so that everyone interested in Trafodion
can take a look?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Kevin DeYager <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gunnar,

This is a big improvement.  Moving content from the wiki to a website as
part of the project is important.  The look/feel and organization is in
line with other Hadoop ecosystem projects.  I will contribute a few
different graphics for the central moving panel section for others to
consider.

+1 (non-binding)

- Kevin

RE: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Suresh,

1. Just placeholders for now. We'll work on better ones.
2. The panel on the bottom appears on each page. We can have it or not.
3. Yes, I looked at other projects and they do the same since, I guess,
they're recognizing Apache stuff.
4. We should update the pom.xml for sure.

Thanks,

Gunnar

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gunnar,

RE: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>.
There should not have been any attachments.  Just a few editorials.

     Roberta

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberta,

wrote:

> Gunnar,
>
> It looks verify nice.   I tested the links to make sure they worked and
> pointed to relevant sections.
> I read through some of the text and there are a few editorial nits:
>
> file:///C:/Users/rmarton/Downloads/trafodion-web/release-notes-1-3-0.html
>
> The first sentence mentions "Using the Software" which is out of context.
> Do we want to mention HBase .98 version also?
>
> file:///C:/Users/rmarton/Downloads/trafodion-web/contribute.html
>
> The following sentence need some wordsmithing:
>    "So, you consider contributing to our project. But how do you go about
> achieving this?"
>
> The wiki link on this line does not work:   "Add to our FAQ, Web Site, or
> Wiki."
>
> file:///C:/Users/rmarton/Downloads/trafodion-web/website.html
>
> You might indicate the difference between Modify Web Site and Updating
> External Website  (different spellings of website).
> People (including me) may not understand the process - or add a link to a
> description.
>
>    Roberta

Gunnar

RE: TRAFODION-1507

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I wrote earlier, just download the complete folder, unzip the
> files, and then you can try the web-site experience on your own machine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The first one is a real web site, but doesn't look good, the second
>> one is again a folder view of a Google drive, not a website.
>>
>> Sorry to see this is causing problems.
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Gunnar Tapper
>> <ta...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry, new URL. I tried to make the web site runnable directly from
>> Google
>> > Drive but can't make it work.
>> >

>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTclZtNEh4b2VzUHc&u
>> sp=sharing
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Gunnar
>> >
>> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Gunnar Tapper
>> > <tapper.gunnar@gmail.com

>> the

>> tapper.gunnar@gmail.com>

>> https://drive.google.com/a/esgyn.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTUVJOW
>> GVwQ19OdVU&usp=sharing

>> be
>> item,

>> gunnar.tapper@esgyn.com

>> > now

>> now

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Gunnar
>> > *If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're
>> > right.*

> Gunnar

Gunnar

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I wrote earlier, just download the complete folder, unzip the files,
> and then you can try the web-site experience on your own machine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The first one is a real web site, but doesn't look good, the second one is
>> again a folder view of a Google drive, not a website.
>>
>> Sorry to see this is causing problems.
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry, new URL. I tried to make the web site runnable directly from
>> Google
>> > Drive but can't make it work.
>> >

>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTclZtNEh4b2VzUHc&usp=sharing
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Gunnar

>> the

>> tapper.gunnar@gmail.com>

>> https://drive.google.com/a/esgyn.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTUVJOWGVwQ19OdVU&usp=sharing

>> be
>> item,

>> gunnar.tapper@esgyn.com

>> > now

>> now

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Gunnar
>> > *If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're right.*

> Gunnar

Gunnar

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> In case I was unclear: you have to download these files and THEN open the
> index.html file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>> https://drive.google.com/a/esgyn.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTUVJOWGVwQ19OdVU&usp=sharing
>>
>> Open the index.html file in your browser.
>>
>> Many links have not been populated yet so please consider the overall
>> look-and-feel. Most of the pages/links in the About menu item should be
>> working plus the How To Update Website under the Contributing menu item,
>> which is where the technology choices are documented, too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gunnar
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I’m working on Jira Trafodion-1507 creating a new web site, which is now
>>> ready for an early look and, if approved, a first submittal.
>>>

>>> I’d like for you folks to take a look at the web site look-and-feel now
>>> before I go about converting a LOT of wiki pages.
>>>

>>> Where can I host the trial version so that everyone interested in
>>> Trafodion
>>> can take a look?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Gunnar
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gunnar
>> *If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're right.*

> Gunnar

Gunnar

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Try this:
> https://drive.google.com/a/esgyn.com/folderview?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTUVJOWGVwQ19OdVU&usp=sharing
>
> Open the index.html file in your browser.
>
> Many links have not been populated yet so please consider the overall
> look-and-feel. Most of the pages/links in the About menu item should be
> working plus the How To Update Website under the Contributing menu item,
> which is where the technology choices are documented, too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I’m working on Jira Trafodion-1507 creating a new web site, which is now
>> ready for an early look and, if approved, a first submittal.
>>

>> I’d like for you folks to take a look at the web site look-and-feel now
>> before I go about converting a LOT of wiki pages.
>>

>> Where can I host the trial version so that everyone interested in
>> Trafodion
>> can take a look?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Gunnar

> Gunnar

Gunnar

Re: TRAFODION-1507

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Try this:

wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’m working on Jira Trafodion-1507 creating a new web site, which is now
> ready for an early look and, if approved, a first submittal.
>

> I’d like for you folks to take a look at the web site look-and-feel now
> before I go about converting a LOT of wiki pages.
>

> Where can I host the trial version so that everyone interested in Trafodion
> can take a look?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Gunnar

Gunnar